Nothing adds that special “something” to a yard like a salt water pool. At Pool Town in Howell, NJ, we have the experience and knowledge you want on your side when it comes to pool design and construction. If you believe a salt water pool is in your future, our dedicated pool design experts can guide you the right way in achieving all the benefits of a reliable and low maintenance pool. . With nearly 9000 inground pools installed throughout NJ, we guarantee that you’ll be thrilled with the results.
Choosing the Right Pool Sanitizing System: Salt WaterChlorine Generating Systems.
A special generator turns pool salt into chlorine naturally, through a process called electrolysis. Because the salinity of the pool (meaning its saltiness) is lower than ocean water, your swimming experience is literally softer, and won’t leave a salty taste in your mouth.
But there are more advantages to installing a salt water pool system than simply taste. A saltwater swimming pool:
- Saves you money in the long run. The initial cost of a salt water pool system may be higher than a standard system, but it costs less money to maintain them, and you don’t spend as much money on chemicals.
- Saves you time by maintaining themselves. A salt water pool is less prone to algae because it creates its own constant source of chlorine. You’ll still have to vacuum, of course, but the overall time you save keeping it clean translates to more time with your family and friends enjoying the pool.
- Saves your bathing suits. Too much chlorine can bleach the color out of bathing suits and towels, and extended amounts of time in the pool can make your suit look a bit threadbare. The lower levels of chlorine help extend the life of your swimwear.
- Saves you from red, itchy eyes. Too many harsh chemicals can lead to itchy skin, red eyes and brittle hair. You don’t experience these effects with a saltwater swimming pool.
A salt water pool that creates its own chlorine is also safer for you and your children, because it doesn’t dry out your skin or emit harsh fumes, which can be harmful to people with asthma. And just like any other inground pool, salt water pools can be customized to the size and shape you want.
But don’t be fooled by any chlorine generating system available in the market. At Pool Town we only deal with AquaRite® systems by Hayward which is proven for its quality and reliability.
Dolphin™ Pool Cleaners by Maytronix, can clean the pool floor, cove, and some models (like the M500) also clean the walls and scrub the waterline.
Dolphin™ M500 Exclusive Features:
- Weekly timer–preset cleaning cycles throughout the week.
- Full filter indicator–lets you know it’s time to clean the filter.
- Remote included for manual navigation and cycle options.
- Dual drive motors and split brushes for incredible maneuverability.
- Patented swivel cable helps prevent tangling.
- Incredibly efficient-costs less than 15 cents to clean the pool.
- In-store repairable, right at your local Dolphin retailer!