Pool Openings and Closings
Our Pool Closing Service includes the following:
- Remove Timer pins.
- Power down automation systems.
- Turn off breakers at the poolside
- Remove return jet fittings
- Remove skimmer baskets.
- Winterize the pool’s plumbing lines: Blowout and seal lines using plugs and skimmer tubes like Gizzmos (green) and blowouts (blue)
- Remove handrails
- Remove ladders
- Remove drain plugs from the equipment components( filter, pump, chemical feeder, and heater.) *Usually stored for the winter in the pump housing basket.
- Remove the sight glass and pressure gauge*
- Set valves ( including the multiport) to their designated, winterized positions.
- Install the main pool cover. A safety cover or tarp cover with waterbags (or waterboxes) is recommended.
Additional services available at added cost:
- Winterizing Chemicals added (upon request, $45.) Usually non-chlorine shock and winter algaecide
- Equipment removal
- Safety Fence removal & having to work around
- Additional cover
- 2nd motors
- In-floor Cleaning systems (Paramount, Caretaker, A&A)
Services not available at Closing:
- Pool Water Balancing
- Pool Cleaning
- Pool Draining
- Diving board removal
- Filter backwashing
- Debris removal
Our pool opening service consists of the following:
- Removal and folding of the pool cover;
- Removal of all plugs and gizmos (skimmer blowout tubes) from pool;
- Installation of skimmer baskets, gauges, etc.
- Re-installation of directional fittings, hydrotherapy fittings (if applicable). and circulation jets (if applicable);
- Ladders and handrails re-installed;
- Filter system re-assembly, system startup, and leak inspection;
- Heater start-up and ignition test (if applicable);
- Heater cleaning (if applicable);
- Water treated with shock and algaecide (provided upon request – $60.00);
- Test GFCI outlets at electrical post;
- Timer pins removed.
- SALT SYSTEMS: Our technicians will leave salt systems OFF because there is no way to know if there is enough salt in the pool at the time of opening, or if because the temperatures are too cold.
POOL CLEANINGS: Pool cleanings and vacuumings are NOT part of the Pool Opening Service and are not services that we offer at this time. It is up to the homeowner to clean the pool after opening.