Care and Maintenance
If NOT properly installed and maintained, your liner will fail prematurely for non-warranty reasons.
Premature aging of vinyl is most often cause by:
- Over Stressing – an installation problem.
- Pollutants which wash up on the liner at and above the water level, which in conjunction with the sun, will dry the liner out in a few years if not cleaned regularly. Sun tan lotions, cosmetics, body oils, acid rain and other wind and rain borne compounds which are allowed to accumulate, all serve to reduce the life of your vinyl liner.
- Improper PH will either form scale on the liner (High PH), or extra plasticizers from the liner (Low PH), causing surface build up or drying out and wrinkling of the liner.
- Lower the water below 2′ in the shallow end without the advice of your dealer.
- Use any chemical products other than those specifically made for pool use.
- Neglect maintenance (including cleaning and chemicalization).
- Allow dirt to accumulate (regular brushing of the walls should be part of your maintenance program).
- Allow glass or sharp objects near your liner.
- Learn maintenance and chemical procedure.
- Maintain proper chlorine and PH levels.
- Clean the liner, especially the dirt ring above the water line (Use Swimming Pool Vinyl Cleaner).
- Make repairs immediately.
- Properly winterize and cover in the off season.
With proper maintenance your vinyl liner will give many years of service. It is up to you!